Getting invited to apply for 189 or 190 becomes a tough thing these days, no matter what occupation you are. With the tightened scrutiny in skilled permanent migration scheme many of international graduates now eyeing for regional NSW nomination for 489 visa.
Are you someone looking to settle in New South Wales? Even though it not that easy, you can achieve your dream if you can meet the conditions set by eight different NSW regions. Regional NSW nomination and migrating into regional areas slightly far from Sydney became a trend now because of many of skill visa aspirants opting this.
Another side of General Skilled Migration
Regional Provisional Visa or regional sponsorship is another side of the GSM program which is forever popular in NSW between those who are aspiring to get the Permanent Residency. The GSM works as per the point system which assesses the profiles those are submitted for the Permanent Residency as we all know and choosing regional NSW means extra 10 points for pass marks if you have 55 points depending upon the age, work experience, your proficiency in English and your qualification criteria.
If we see the current invitation round trend the profiles with the highest point surely get an invitation from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to apply for 489 visa.
It is also said to be a provisional skilled visa that allows people to live and also work in any particular regions of NSW for nearly 4 years. Once the person fulfills the permanent eligibility criteria, you are liable to apply for the Permanent Residency. If you are applying for the 489 Visa you must have a minimum score of 55 points as the pull marks set by the Immigration Department. To reach the pass marks 65 you get 10 points from regional sponsorship.
READ ALSO: 6 ways to make extra income in Australia
Where to go
For this year’s migration program there are eight New South Wales regions to choose from for your regional migration plan. These regions offer you 489 visa that could lead to permanent residency in Australia after fulfillment of conditions in two years.
Regional NSW has a lot to offer you to spend your life there if you are looking for an option to move and settle in the regional area. You can find the eligibility criteria and the application process for each region through their website. Every year a huge number of applications flooded for regional NSW nomination.
Key Eligibility Criteria
If you looking for the 489 visa to move into the regional side of Australia, you need to comply following eligibility criteria:
- Need to meet the minimum pass marks 65 points criteria as per the Department of Home Affairs for the 489 visa.
- Must have in the regional skilled occupation list.
- Get 489 nominations from the participating RDA fulfilling local requirements set by particular region.
- Must agree to work and live in the region for at least 2 years.
How to apply for NSW regional migration
As part of the Skilled Migration program, you have to follow the same application process for 489 regional provisional visa as you follow for 189/190. The only difference is you need to apply for nomination to that regional certifying body following their criteria and timings.
- First, you have to submit your expression of interest through SkillSelect, always ensure before applying that you meet the 489 visa criteria.
- Then, you need to apply to the relevant NSW RDA for your nomination and then wait for the results.
- If you got nominated by the NSW region, then you will get an invitation from the Home Affairs Department to apply for 489 Visa.
- Once your visa granted, you need to inform the RDA and move to your nominated region to spend your time there as per your commitment to living and working in the region.