What to do if your landlord gives you a vacate property notice

You may not have experienced a vacate property notice from your landlord, know things before you get one

Many times landlords give notice of vacating the property to the tenant, which can turn into a very nasty situation. For students already struggling with the pressure of studies, getting a notice to vacate the property can start a whole new series of problems. The right advice here would be to maintain good relations with your real estate agent. If you value your real estate agent right then, they will also be ready to help you in such situations as they do not want to lose a perfect client to another agency.

It is believed that the landlord generally serves you a notice when they are in some financial crisis and wants to ease it by selling the property or wanting to move in it themselves. There may be instances where the landlord is not happy with the tenants, and the notice is served. In such cases, the tenant has to prove his innocence. On being served with a notice, the first thing to do is contact them and find out the reason. If you have good relations with them, they might help you in moving into a new property. Many landlords have also been known to pay moving costs to their tenants. Then you may contact your agent and start finding some new place.

What to do if your landlord gives you a vacate property notice - NepaliPage

Ideally, there should be sometime between the notice and date of vacancy so that the tenant gets time to make the right arrangements. You should also look up your tenancy agreement and find out if there is any clause related to notice of vacating of property. Generally, the tenancy agreement provides the time that the landlord has to provide for vacating. The best way to avoid this problem, best to read and figure out the terms and conditions about vacating before signing the rental contract. What to do if your landlord gives you a vacate property notice - NepaliPage

Sometimes what happens, all of a sudden, you would get such vacate the property notice, and you are not aware of such a situation. In such conditions, the first thing you need to do is check the legal provision of your state or territory. And make sure you are complying with the legal provision.   You can also approach tribunals that are specially set up to resolve tenancy issues. A fee is charged here for the hearing, although the tribunal will first want you to settle the agreement by mutual discussion and hence avoid the legal proceedings. There are many residential tenancy tribunals like VCAT in Victoria, NCAT in New South Wales etc.… The laws are generally common in all states with a few changes.

 Expert in eCommerce & Digital Marketing
NepaliPage,connects Australian Nepalese Community & Australian Nepalese Business Globally

Disclaimer: NepaliPage.com (नेपालीपेज डटकम) is a Nepalese Community website aggregating Nepalese Australian affairs including Australian Nepali Community News, Migration opportunities in Australia, Nepali International Students, Nepali home and garden, Nepali mortgage and real estate tips, tricks, and services, Travel, Entertainment, Nepalese Events, blogs, interview and many more. None of our stories is tailored expert advice for your circumstance, and cannot be taken as legal, migration, or any other expert advice. By nature, all of our contents provide general information on related topics from the various verified sources. We do not offer direct employment opportunities, Australian VISA help, and Migration assistance.

About Sugandh Ratan Agarwal

A fun loving gal set in her own ways. Embarking on a journey to make a name. Write such that someone else can write about you! Cheers!
Previous Protecting yourself from identity theft
Next Win over a potential landlord

Check Also

Migration boost is bad news for Australia’s environment – we mustn’t ignore that - NepaliPage

Australia’s skilled migration policy changed how and where migrants settle

Whether the skilled migration policy has been a success involves understanding whether or not highly …