The year of 2018 has witnessed its fair share of changes with respect to migration rules, new occupation lists, and economic changes and so on. Some changes have come to effect at the beginning of the year while some are now going to be implemented. Like the new occupation list will come to effect from this March onwards.
Here are some of the changes that will affect most Australians this year:
- Major outlets have committed to reducing the use of plastic bags and have said that they shall completely eliminate its usage by 30 June 2018
- The new funding model for schools will be implemented for all schools, known as, Gonski 2.0 funding model.
- To get benefits of the welfare scheme for single payments, the relationship will have to be verified.
- The cost of the 10-year Australian passport will be increased by $5, to $282.
- The Commonwealth funding for universities will be frozen at 2017 levels for at least two years
- The system of offering relocation scholarships will be stopped.
- $10 million to be set aside for treatment of job seekers who undergo drug testing trials.
- Same-sex marriages have been made legal starting January 9th, following the bill passed on Same-Sex Marriage.
NepaliPage,connects Australian Nepalese Community & Australian Nepalese Business Globally
Disclaimer: NepaliPage.com (नेपालीपेज डटकम) is a Nepalese Community website aggregating Nepalese Australian affairs including Australian Nepali Community News, Migration opportunities in Australia, Nepali International Students, Nepali home and garden, Nepali mortgage and real estate tips, tricks, and services, Travel, Entertainment, Nepalese Events, blogs, interview and many more. None of our stories is tailored expert advice for your circumstance, and cannot be taken as legal, migration, or any other expert advice. By nature, all of our contents provide general information on related topics from the various verified sources. We do not offer direct employment opportunities, Australian VISA help, and Migration assistance.