Three-year work experience needs to be eligible for NSW subclass 190

One needs to have at least three-year experience in a similar or closely related occupation to be eligible for an NSW subclass 190 nomination.


International students and skilled migrants need to have three years of work experience minimum to get a state nomination for a subclass 190 visa. The New South Wales government updated its state nomination requirements for state nomination skilled visas recently. A subclass 190 visa is a permanent residency visa that allows one to live and work in Australia indefinitely.

After the new update, many professionals in Accounting and IT occupation would be ineligible to get NSW state nomination for subclass 190 visa if they do now have three-year work experience in their own occupation. Candidates with nominated occupations as ICT Managers, Other Specialist Managers, Café and Restaurant Managers, Hotel and Motel Managers, Accountants, Auditors, ICT Business and System Analysts, Software and Applications Programmers and many other occupations would not get NSW nomination without three years work experience. The state document on skilled migration requirements reads, ‘You must have a minimum three years work experience in your nominated (or closely related) occupation for all occupations within some ANZSCO unit groups…’

NSW also open the door for skilled workers from overseas. To be eligible to get a state nomination from NSW, offshore candidates must be residing offshore at least three months before applying for nomination. Further, they need to have skill assessments on the occupations listed under the offshore eligible list.

Read Also: Migration options in Regional NSW

Three-year work experience needs to be eligible for NSW subclass 190 - NepaliPage
Meeting minimum eligibility requirements no way guarantees the invitation to apply for a subclass 190 visa.

International students and skilled professionals onshore need to have genuinely and continuously residing In NSW for at least three months before application or employed on own nominated occupation in a long-term capacity.

As meeting minimum eligibility requirements no way guarantees for the invitation to apply for a subclass 190 visa. NSW government skilled visa nomination requirement document says, ‘The amount of EOIs submitted for NSW greatly exceeds the places available. As such, the vast majority of EOIs will not be invited to apply.’ NSW government requests nomination aspirants to explore other visa and migration options as they can not indicate whether a candidate would get an invitation or not as well as the time frame.

NSW nomination seekers from the following occupations need to have a minimum three-year work experience in the nominated or closely related occupation:

  • 4114 – Enrolled Nurses
  • 4117 – Welfare Support Workers
  • 3212 – Motor Mechanics
  • 3222 – Sheetmetal Trades Workers
  • 3223 – Structural Steel and Welding Trades Workers
  • 3232 – Metal Fitters and Machinists
  • 3241 – Panelbeaters
  • 3311 – Bricklayers and Stonemasons
  • 3312 – Carpenters and Joiners
  • 3322 – Painting Trades Workers
  • 3331 – Glaziers
  • 3333 – Roof Tilers
  • 3334 – Wall and Floor Tilers
  • 3341 – Plumbers
  • 3411 – Electricians
  • 3421 – Airconditioning and Refrigeration Mechanics
  • 3422 – Electrical Distribution Trades Workers
  • 3423 – Electronics Trade Workers
  • 3511 – Bakers and Pastrycooks
  • 3512 – Butchers and Smallgoods Makers
  • 3513 – Chefs
  • 3514 – Cooks
  • 2613 – Software and Applications Programmers
  • 2621 – Database and Systems Administrators, and ICT Security Specialists
  • 2631 – Computer Network Professionals
  • 2632 – ICT Support and Test Engineers
  • 2611 – ICT Business and Systems Analysts
  • 2211 – Accountants
  • 2212 – Auditors
  • 1351 – ICT Managers
  • 1399 – Other Specialist Managers
  • 1411 – Cafe and Restaurant Managers
  • 1413 – Hotel and Motel Managers

We strongly recommend our readers, if they are after any migration and related consultation or assistance service visit a registered migration agent. You can find a registered migration agent Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority website. Read this consumer guide to know how should a migration agent assist you and your rights and obligation.  

 Expert in eCommerce & Digital Marketing
NepaliPage,connects Australian Nepalese Community & Australian Nepalese Business Globally

Disclaimer: (नेपालीपेज डटकम) is a Nepalese Community website aggregating Nepalese Australian affairs including Australian Nepali Community News, Migration opportunities in Australia, Nepali International Students, Nepali home and garden, Nepali mortgage and real estate tips, tricks, and services, Travel, Entertainment, Nepalese Events, blogs, interview and many more. None of our stories is tailored expert advice for your circumstance, and cannot be taken as legal, migration, or any other expert advice. By nature, all of our contents provide general information on related topics from the various verified sources. We do not offer direct employment opportunities, Australian VISA help, and Migration assistance.

Previous Lost touch with friends during lockdown? Here’s how to reconnect (and let go of ‘toxic’ ones)
Next Reason NSW rejects nomination for skilled visas

Check Also

Journey for Nepalese Pharmacist in Australia - NepaliPage

An ultimate guide to be a registered pharmacist in Australia

Overseas graduates and pharmacists can get registered as pharmacist in Australia, need to pass the …