You are lucky if you don’t have any awkward conversation and trial for a job in Australia. But for most of Nepalese International Students in Australia experience trickily misshaped trial shifts as well as casual on-call roles where they got exploited, by the own community people, often. Though awareness about pay and work condition has risen in recent, condition has not changed at all, for cash in hand, the way majority of Nepalese work in Australia.
Read More: A good resume can secure a job for you
There are couples of Facebook accounts and pages pretend serving Nepalese International Students as a job pool. But they are not enough, misleading students rather than facilitating in many cases. It may be the reason you follow and check always relying on them and still far from the employment.
Read More: Get registered for casual and part-time job
Like Nepalese most of the international student experience a bit difficult to get a job in Australia at the very first stage. Limited knowledge on employability and job nature the Australian cities need; limited or null skills, poor language and the work restriction for students 20 hours a week along with college hours these all make a mess on the road to employment for students.
Read More: 125 websites to find a job
But, still, it’s not too hard to find a job in Australia for yourself if you approach the job market in an appropriate way. Here are 5 tactics for a job hunt in Australia, wherever you live.
- Sign up / alert: Join and activate alert for new job posts in job search websites/apps or classifieds such as Seek, Adzuna, Gumtree.
- Improve Resume: Remember the first impression is the last impression and last impression is a final impression, so change the way you write resume back in Nepal, including job position related keywords and experience/training reflect your knowledge, skill, and experience; always send tailored resume.
- Walk-in/Door to door: While you go for an evening walk or roaming around the city just go with resume if you see any hiring notice just walk in meet the manage, try even no any hiring sign
- Join crowd delivery: working as a member of crowd delivery team also a good idea, join Uber, Deliveroo, Foodora etc, but check eligibility.
- Social Networking: Join local suburb based job groups in Facebook, such as ‘Job Vacancies In Parramatta And Surounding Areas’
NepaliPage,connects Australian Nepalese Community & Australian Nepalese Business Globally
Disclaimer: NepaliPage.com (नेपालीपेज डटकम) is a Nepalese Community website aggregating Nepalese Australian affairs including Australian Nepali Community News, Migration opportunities in Australia, Nepali International Students, Nepali home and garden, Nepali mortgage and real estate tips, tricks, and services, Travel, Entertainment, Nepalese Events, blogs, interview and many more. None of our stories is tailored expert advice for your circumstance, and cannot be taken as legal, migration, or any other expert advice. By nature, all of our contents provide general information on related topics from the various verified sources. We do not offer direct employment opportunities, Australian VISA help, and Migration assistance.