It is about time to enjoy the amazing Australian winter but Australia can get really chilly at times. This especially cause lots of troubles to international students and migrants who are from regions with hotter climate. Australian winters can really make you crawl into that blanket of yours and make you skip the class or office.
Fret not. Here are some useful tips to get you through the winters all productive.
- Finalise your budget
The first thing you want to do is to find out how much money you have that you can spare. Try to fix a budget and then see what all you can get in it. For instance if your budget is high you can go for internal heating systems, or if you want a temporary solution you can go for portable heaters that come at a lower cost.
You may also want to seek permission of your landlord in case you are going for some change that will cause altering of the home design.
- Open up your windows when sun is shining. This will help in some heat coming inside your home and heat it. Make sure you close them once the weather starts getting chilly or it will defeat the whole purpose.
- Know about home heating options. There are many online comparison sites that let you match products according to their features and then compare their costs. Research the internet well for this. You can also buy these products when it is off season as many sellers offer more discounts then.
- Get door draught blockers. These are a good option to keep that chilly wind from entering a room while the door is closing. Snake blockers are a good and economical option in this area.
- Getting a heater has its own disadvantages as well. You will surely see a hike in your electricity bills and hence you must use it wisely. Know that the best way to keep yourself warm is to wear warm clothes. You can always take a blanket with you while doing anything. Also, try to make your surrounding warmer by way of imagery changes as well.
- Shop for winter clothes. Try nylon and similar materials which do not let the wind penetrate. On that note it will be better to stay away from cotton clothes.
- Carpets are a good idea to cover bare floors and you will surely see a sudden difference in the indoor temperature. Also they will make your home look nice.
NepaliPage,connects Australian Nepalese Community & Australian Nepalese Business Globally
Disclaimer: NepaliPage.com (नेपालीपेज डटकम) is a Nepalese Community website aggregating Nepalese Australian affairs including Australian Nepali Community News, Migration opportunities in Australia, Nepali International Students, Nepali home and garden, Nepali mortgage and real estate tips, tricks, and services, Travel, Entertainment, Nepalese Events, blogs, interview and many more. None of our stories is tailored expert advice for your circumstance, and cannot be taken as legal, migration, or any other expert advice. By nature, all of our contents provide general information on related topics from the various verified sources. We do not offer direct employment opportunities, Australian VISA help, and Migration assistance.