Click here to know How to make an Australian Resume
Here are some of the must do things for Nepali student to be eligible to get a job in Australia:
1. Get a work visa: It’s a must have if you want to work legally in Australia. As soon as you complete your study, you have to apply for a work visa if you intend to work there. It would be better if you get it before your student visa expires. There are different types of work visa for international students:
-Temporary graduate visa (subclass 485): International students who have recently graduated from an Australian education institution can get this visa. It permits you to stay for eighteen months in Australia after completion of your studies. The visa can be extended for four years depending on applicant’s qualifications. International students with a higher education degree from an Australian institution will be eligible for this visa.
Training and research visa (subclass 422): This visa lets you work in Australia for two years if you are sponsored by your employers. It will be easy to get this visa if you hold a job while you are a student.
Regional sponsored visa (subclass 487): This visa lets you work for three years in a specific regional area of Australia. This visa will also be a plus point to get permanent resident status there.
Skilled sponsored visa (subclass 886): To get this visa you must be sponsored by your employer. It allows students to work and apply for permanent residency also.
2. Have relevant qualifications: The qualifications one should have to differ from jobs to jobs. It’s better if you have gathered as much experience and qualifications. The must have qualification is proficiency in the English language. Job seekers from non-English speaking countries must pass an English test. Likewise, you must have relevant experience related to the work. And get a sponsorship from your employer. Apart from this, being in an age group of eighteen to forty years would be an additional advantage.
3. Tax returns: You need to pay annual tax return if you want to start working in Australia. To file tax returns you need tax file number. You can obtain it from Australian tax office or apply online to get it. Tax file number is required when you start a job, change a job or claim unemployment or sickness benefits. (Click HERE to get more Tax related information)
4. Have knowledge about Australian culture: Having knowledge about Australian culture is significant if you want to adjust to the new environment quickly. If you get to know about people and their culture, your job hunting process will be benefitted. Focus on work culture, how people like to be treated, spoken at among others.
5. Look for the right job: After getting everything right about qualifications, the experience looks for the appropriate job. Start from online, search on a respective site of the particular organization. Hone your skills and exploit your contacts as well.